Volunteer at Westmount!
At Westmount, we recognize the immeasurable value of the tireless volunteers who support our school in so many ways; we offer our sincere appreciation and "thanks".
How can you find out about Volunteer opportunities?
How to become a Westmount Volunteer:
- Read WCS Administrative Policy (A.P.) 555 – Volunteers.
- Review and understand the Volunteer Handbook and Westmount Volunteer Categories.
- Explore the Visual Volunteer Process below, and follow the appropriate steps. Click here for a printable version.
NOTE: The category lists are not exhaustive and represent examples only. If you are unsure about which category your volunteer activity falls within, please contact Elementary or Mid-High offices.
Note: *CPS = Calgary Police Service - *ePIC = electronic Police Information Check online system
Visual Volunteer Process
Category A Volunteer Activities
- Chaperones for field trips (local, provincial, national or international)
- Classroom assistance under the direction and supervision of a teacher
- Unsupervised work with students
- Driving students to school-related events
- Assist with assemblies or drama productions, working directly with students
- Learning Commons (library) - work with students
Category B Volunteer Activities
Bulletin board development and maintenance/Landscape maintenance
- Science Fairs/Bottle drives/ Stampeder games parking/ Silent auctions
- Building/take down of sets for drama productions without students
- Grant writing
- Parent information meetings or workshop set-up
- Staff appreciation year-end luncheon/Organizing parents for special projects
CLICK HERE AND READ BEFORE YOU BEGIN ONLINE APPLICATION.
Want to Be a Volunteer Driver?
**Note** A Driver Abstract is no longer required for volunteer drivers.
- For volunteers wishing to drive students to a school sponsored activity or function, a:
- This driver form and required documentation must be completed annually.
We are grateful for our volunteers! Thank you!!
May 6, 2016